Thursday, October 20, 2011

Well said

This is the conversation Nicole and I had on our way home from a very wet, and cold (45 degrees) soccer game.

Me:"Nic I am so proud of you, playing in that crazy cold weather tonight"

Nic:"Mom, I am used to it. We do live in Michigan you know!"

Me (cracking up inside)

I really am very proud of Nicole. She has taught me so much with all she has over come. I was terrified of her playing U12 soccer this season, without ever playing before. But I should have known, she did so well and tried with all her might each game. She improved dramatically and had quite a few great shots on goals. Nicole teaches me not be held down by my fears and that if you have a strong will to do something, you can succeed.


As she got in a hot bath after the game, I realized she had worn 4 layers under her jersey and she was soaking wet all the way through to her tank top. Crazy soccer weather.

No comments: